XC21 Air Conditioner
Here are some of the top features of the XC21:
Efficiency rating of up to 21.20 SEER can save you hundreds of dollars each year, compared to a standard air conditioner.
This product has been designated as one of the Most Efficient ENERGY STAR certified products in 2016. Products that are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2016 prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
SunSource® Solar-Ready option allows you to add solar modules and create a solar powered system that generates electricity for your air conditioner and more.
Two-Stage cooling allows the XC21 to run more efficiently and produce more even temperatures than a conventional single-stage system.
SilentComfort™ technology delivers sound levels as low as 69 dB, approximately 20% quieter than a standard air conditioner.†
SilentComfort™ Outdoor Fan Motor with Composite Fan Blades provides extremely reliable starting and running performance, even under the harshest outdoor conditions.
- The most efficient two-stage central air conditioner you can buy*
- Efficiency ratings of up to 21.20 SEERcan save you hundreds of dollars a year, compared to a standard air conditioner
- ENERGY STAR® certified meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- SunSource® Solar-Ready option allows you to add solar modules and create a solar powered system that generates electricity for your air conditioner and more, reducing energy consumption and utility costs
- iComfort®-enabled technology allows the air conditioner, when installed with the easy-to-use programmable iComfort Wi-Fi® Touchscreen Thermostat, to exchange information and make adjustments as needed to optimize performance and efficiency**
- High-efficiency outdoor coil provides exceptional heat transfer and low air resistance for high-efficiency operation
Federal, state and local tax rebates and incentives may be available with a SunSource solar installation.***
- SilentComfort™ technology delivers sound levels as low as 69 dB, approximately 20% quieter than a standard air conditioner.††
- Precision-balanced, direct-drive fan delivers ultra quiet operation with a patent-pending fan design
- SilentComfort fan grille provides vortex suppression to reduce sound of airflow exiting unit
- Insulated compressor compartment—minimizes operating sounds with innovative, industry-leading materials and sound-isolating mounts
- Dependable scroll compressor with Silent Comfort technology provides smooth, efficient and reliable operation
- Humiditrol® whole-home dehumidification system†† compatible allowing the system to manage the moisture in your home's air for greater comfort and improved indoor air quality
- SilentComfort™ Outdoor Fan Motor with Composite Fan Blades provides extremely reliable starting and running performance, even under the harshest outdoor conditions
- PermaGuard™ Cabinet heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction, louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and durable zinc-coated steel base provide long-lasting protection against rust and corrosion.
- SmartHinge™ louver design allows quick, easy access to interior components from all sides for cleaning and maintenance. Protects coils from damage and provides clean appearance
- Renewable energy resource delivers environmental benefits when upgraded to a SunSource® Home Energy System that turns solar energy into electricity for your home
- Chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant provides exceptional comfort without exacting a costly environmental toll
- Listed in the GreenSpec® Directory a leading resource of environmentally responsible products
*A combination of sound ratings established per AHRI's test standard: 270-2008 (August 2013); and efficiency ratings established per AHRI's test standard: ANSI/AHRI 210/240-2008 of two-stage central AC/HP equipment.
**This chart compares the 5-year savings you can expect from a 21.20 SEER air conditioner vs. existing equipment with a 10.00 SEER rating and industry-standard equipment with a 13.00 SEER rating. The region used to calculate household fuel and utility costs reflect a cross-section of cities in the U.S. In addition to geography, cooling costs are based on 3-ton capacity specifications, with 1,800 cooling hours per year and 11.62 cents per KWh (Source: EIA National average electric rate-Rolling 12 months ending July 2009). Your actual costs will vary depending on the weather, local fuel rates, system settings and your personal lifestyle.
***iComfort Wi-Fi® Touchscreen Thermostat must be installed with an iComfort-enabled indoor unit for maximum performance.
† Consult your tax expert before claiming energy efficiency tax credits.
† † Must be accompanied by either a variable speed air handler or furnace and the ComfortSense® 7000 Series touchscreen thermostat.
†Sound Rating Number according to ANSI/AHRI Standard 270-2008. "SRN" is the overall A-Weighted Sound Power Level, (LWA), dB (100Hz to 10,000Hz). Sound information based on 3 ton models. Standard system is a 13ACX with a 76 dB sound rating.