Home Energy Conservation
When you complete an energy audit and receive an evaluation of your home’s current energy use, you’ll be given an energy rating, using the Natural Resources Canada’s EnerGuide Rating System. An EnerGuide rating is a standard measure of your home’s energy performance. Your home’s energy efficiency level will be rated on a scale of 0 to 100. A rating of 0 represents a home with major air leakage, no insulation and extremely high energy consumption. A rating of 100 represents a house that is airtight, well insulated, sufficiently ventilated and incorporates highest efficiency equipment.The higher the score, the more energy efficient your home is.
Enbridge Incentives Effective Jan 08/2018
$1,000 for Furnace or Boiler upgrade
- By replacing a 94% AFUE natural gas, propane or oil furnace to 95% or higher AFUE condensing natural gas, propane or oil furnace.
- By replacing 89% or less AFUE natural gas, propane or oil boiler with a 90% or higher AFUE condensing natural gas, propane or oil boiler.
$80 for Windows,Door,Skylight upgrade
For each window, door or skylight replaced with ENERGY STAR® Zone 2 or 3 qualified model.
$500 for Water Heater upgrade
- Replace water heater with 0.80 EF or higher tanked natural gas or propane water heater.
- Replace water heater with 0.82 EF or higher tankless natural gas or propane water heater.
- $500 - Increase attic insulation to at least R50 from R12 or less
- $250 - Increase attic insulation to at least R50 from R13 to R25
- $500 - Increase cathedral/flat roof insulation by at least R14
- $1,250 - Add at least R23 to 100% of basement
- $750 - Add at least R12 to 100% of basement
- $1,000 - Add at least R23 to 100% of crawl space wall
- $500 - Add at least R10 to 100% of crawl space wall
- $500 - Add at least R24 to 100% of floor above crawl space
Exterior Wall Insulation
- $1,750 - Add at least R9 for 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
- $1,250 - Add at least R3.8 for 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
$100 - Achieve base target
NOTE: Air Sealing is only achievable for older homes, especially those with a chimney line. (i.e. 1994 and below).
Complete at least two of above renovation upgrades to be eligible. If you complete more than two, you also qualify for a $250 bonus for each additional upgrade. You can get up to a maximum of $5,000 back.
- $400 Initial home audit (includes Electric Assessment for IESO) + HST
- $200 Final home audit (includes Electric Assessment for IESO) + HST
- Customer pays $400 + HST for the first audit, and $200 + HST for the second audit
- $600 will be send back to the customer with the final cheque (Upon completion of the program)